Built in 1874 by the Duke of Bedford, the Old Rectory Apartment is a self-contained annexe with private entrance, part of the main house which is located approx 1.5 miles to the west of Tavistock on the edge of Dartmoor National Park and within the Tamar Valley - a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Part of a 7.5 acre smallholding there are far reaching views to Dartmoor, Brentor and Kings Tor. The area was renowned for the mining of Copper & Tin and the Duke built the local primary school, church and the Old Rectory between 1850 & 1874 to service the local community which today has no more than 200 rural homes
We also own the small campsite adjacent to the property, Tamar Valley Camping, and welcome visitors to engage with us at feeding times especially for our Rare Breed Pedigree Gloucester Old Spot pigs. We are able to supply our own Bacon, Sausages, and very free-range eggs.
The accommodation comprises:
Not to be used with or in conjunction with any other offers - only applicable to our Apartment
(There are no special offers available just now)
A great value short break in Devon, with a difference.
King Size bed
We accept workers.
Living room with Sofa, Table and chairs, and Smart Flat-screen TV